Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Easter!


Five day weekend!

I've been trying to find out if there are any unusual traditions here for Påske but have found nothing different really. Eggs abound (and nicely decorated porcelain or silver ones are hung in windows), chocolate is the norm and I'm sure someone, somewhere is going to church.
Not me. I fly to England tomorrow to see family that in some cases I've not seen for years! I've always loved being in other countries but travelling to them is quite another story. I don't much care for airports and have never been a fan of buses but sadly my budget does not allow for a Chunnel trip at this juncture. I fly into Gatwick, an airport I've never experienced, and from the train/bus schedule at their side, another 2 hour ride awaits me there.
It will be well worth it though; Friday is a trip to St Albans, Saturday is for London (sounds like the title of a romance novel) and Sunday is up in the air (do NOT insert crucifixtion joke here). The money I've saved on this trip just might be eaten up on Monday when I have to be at the airport between 6:30 and 7 (AM, they do that now) so a taxi (£££!) might be the only way to get there in time.
Oh well.
Tomorrow is bag-packing and flying nerves ...

Jeg vil sende billeder snart.

No comments:

Post a Comment