Tuesday, March 15, 2011

And we're off!


Much accomplished today ...

I got up early to go down to get my CPR card - much like a SIN# but is the most essential piece of ID one needs in Denmark. I think I must be getting used to filling out forms and bringing the right papers because this too went off without a hitch. The woman who helped me, Ingrid, was efficient and gave me the number right away. I was then assigned a doctor (directly across the street from the new place) and given a booklet about learning Danish (a hint?).
Off to the bank!
I could now open a bank account but found it odd that they charged me 300DKK for the privilege. Having a bank account means that now I can get paid! Then to Lotte in finance and I'm good to go.
All this before lunch.



Talk to me ...

I finally downloaded Skype on the laptop. I haven't had a live conversation with anyone from home in 2 weeks so this should help keep in touch. Now I only simply have to remember to bring the headset home so that I can use the bloody thing! Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Bought a couple of things from a supermarket called Superbest (another awesome name for a store) and came home to nothing on TV again. Only one week left until the new digs! It'll be nice to settle into a place I can call my own; aside from the house on weekends, I've been living in temporary places and through the kindness of friends since September.

Taler snart!

No comments:

Post a Comment