Monday, March 21, 2011

How to be careless when packing ...


Ooops ...

So my friend Alain came over on Saturday and mentioned that he was going to Blockbuster to see what's out. I offered him a copy of one of the dvds I brought with me. He has a 50' flat-screen hi-def blah-blah-blah. We opened the box and of course, no dvd inside. Francois, I think it's in your dvd player. That or Warkworth along with the key codes to nearly all the computer games I brought ... sigh
Another cookie crumbles. No matter, I can pick everything up in 2012 when I fly home for a visit.

Actually, the only thing that was damaged on the flight over was a Cheers shotglass from Boston. Everything else (that got into the suitcase, save for the dollar store umbrella) arrived unharmed.

Danger! Danger! Red Alert and the like ...

When visiting Copenhagen, I insist you try a shot of Fisk; much like being skreeched in when visiting Newfoundland without kissing a cod or anything. It's vodka 'mellowed' with Fisherman's friend and I have experienced two types: black and brown. Brown tastes like Halls and doesn't seem so bad until you try to walk anywhere. You then discover that your legs have drifted off into the sunset (2 points to whoever gets that reference). The black is the bile of Satan. Cab fare required if having more than one. I'm bringing a bottle back for you all to try because I want to share the pain.


I want to ride my bicycle! I want to ride my bike!

Got to get a Queen reference in once and a while. I went shopping for a used bike today and no luck. I wanted used because new bikes start at about 2000dkk and go up. Way up. Fast math gives us $400 and up. There are a few sales on now so I might just suck it up and get a new one. The used bikes I did see weren't anything special and were mostly 'for girls'.
The day wasn't a complete loss though; I did manage to pick up a present for one adorable little boy who will be celebrating his first birthday this year. No, I did not buy him his first Fisk.

Skål!

No comments:

Post a Comment