Monday, March 14, 2011

That was easy.


A smile goes a long way ...

Some of you may know the frustration and tears I went through to get my papers to work in Denmark. Months and money and this morning I was advised that in order to get my CPR card (much like a SIN#) and then open a bank account or get a Blockbuster Video membership or even a library card, I had to register as an EU citizen living and working in Denmark first.
I downloaded the 15 page form and filled it out. Then went to a Foto place to get a passport type picture done (my third in 6 months, I'm getting used to posing in front of a white backdrop) then over to the - pay attention - Statsforvaltningen Hovedstaden.
Say it 3X quickly with me.
I was worried that this would be another log-jam and was thrilled to find there were only 16 people in front of me. As it turned out, I had filled all the papers correctly, the photo I brought was acceptable, I had already made the required photocopies for their records and I had brought all the correct documents.
Say what?
I smiled and joked with the woman behind the counter, wasn't it fortunate that her last client had everything in order? I think she took a shine to me because instead of mailing me the registration papers confirming that I now have a legal right to live and work in Denmark, she whispered "Wait 5 minutes, I'll give you the document now".
I nearly proposed marriage to this bureaucratic angel.
Only 2 more hurdles to go ...


Nothing really to add to this photo except I think it's one of the best names for a store ever. I may just e-mail this to David Thorne of 27bslash6.com.
Look him up, he's completely worth it.

væk indtil i morgen.



No comments:

Post a Comment