Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Vaskemaskine


An eventuality ...

More discoveries were made today as I went for my first attempt to wash clothes here. The temporary flat in which I reside does not have a washer/dryer so I use the communal facilities. You have to pre-book the time you want to use the machines (just initials in a book and people respect your booking) and make sure there is enough money on the 'vaskekort' (a card with a chip you slip into a reader) and follow the simple instructions. In Danish. On a front loader. My new place has its own machine, no cards required.

The dryer time was sold in slots of 7 minutes each so I bought 3 slots and thought to just hang the jeans to dry. I went back 20 minutes later to collect my smalls and they were on the verge of catching fire with the intense heat from the industrial dryer.

All this panic and confusion for the low low price of about $10 for one load.

This, then sorting 15 pairs of almost identical black socks, took up the evening so I missed the sunset.

Indtil i morgen ...

No comments:

Post a Comment